The government has announced that it will help employers pay their employee’s wages in these difficult times.
- Employers can claim 80% of employee’s wages, up to the value of £2500.00 per month.
- This can be backdated to 1st March 2020.
- This is expected to be available for 3 months.
- Auto enrolment pension obligations will continue, which will involve a minimum employer pension contribution having to be paid in relation to the furloughed workers but based on the pay they actually receive during that period.
- There will be a portal where the information of the employees will need to be input.
- You will need to inform designated employee’s they are now classed as ‘Furlough Employee’, this would need updating on their employment contracts
- SSP is to be paid from day 1 of absence if they are absent due to Covid-19.
Having spoken to the HMRC on 23/03/2020, they are working on the portal required, but are unsure now when this will be available.
We are here to help in these uncertain times, so please don’t hesitate to contact us
- We can process your payroll if required
- We will provide regular updates, once we are aware of any changes
Any questions please give us a call on the below numbers
- Pensions – 0113 4574574
- Payroll – 0113 4574565